Role – Design Manager
Location – Maynooth
Reporting to – Senior Construction Director (Apartments)
Contract Type – Permanent Full time
About the role
Due to our rapid expansion we are seeking to hire a Design Coordinator. The Design Coordinator will report to and support the Senior Construction Director in ensuring that a consistent high-quality design is delivered across the portfolio of apartment projects and will work across functions in order to improve standard and quality of product, while also introducing efficiencies. This role involves the co-ordination of those areas of the design process from planning stage through to construction, to ensure that the project is built in line with the agreed design and that the design team produces required information to the correct level of detail and in accordance with deadlines set.
This role will involve consultation and liaising with various stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation. This is an excellent opportunity to work at the heart of one of Ireland’s leading residential developers and contribute to our high-profile projects across the country.
- Managing the appointment and vetting of the Design Team.
- Ensuring terms and conditions of appointment/novation are acceptable
- Managing the design process during the planning stage using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise. There will also be some involvement managing the design process post planning stage.
- Develop relationships with design team and stakeholders during early concept stages; manage expectations of the project through regular communication and discussions regarding requirements and specifications.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels between design team, and wider Glenveagh departments as required.
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales. Design information/package to be coordinated with the procurement programme.
- Attend Planning, Construction and Design meetings to monitor and record progress of actions and identify problems.
- Support with the Design Team, Site Teams and External Consultants in the provision of project coordination documentation
- Coordinate with designers regarding any missing information required for completion of the design
- Support the procurement process for all projects suppliers to ensure timely delivery of project
- Coordinate with other disciplines to assure compliance with project requirements, company standards and procedures, industry codes and standards, utility company requirements and client criteria.
- Promote/Implement of Glenveagh Homes Standardised systems/methodologies. Candidate must contribute/lead on-going design related standardisation measure to increase overall efficiencies.
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
- Ensure a smooth handover of the project to the project team.
- Develop personal skills and capability through ongoing training and experience.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with a Developer or Main Contractor in a Design Coordinator, Technical Coordinator or site-based engineering role
- Good understanding and appreciation of current building Regulations, Planning Requirements and relevant standards to ensure compliance of building design.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering/ Construction Management or Architecture (or equivalent years of work experience)
- A strong understanding of construction management, project controls processes and construction phases of project control management form planning stage and throughout.
- Excellent ability to communicate and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of construction practices, trades and techniques
- Strong forward planner and excellent motivator with experience in managing large teams with different goals to enable them to work together to produce a coordinated and coherent design
- Superior organisational skills and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of project or programme management.
- Experience of and ability to chair meetings.
- Proven organisation and interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate several projects at one time.
- Ability to prioritise, to achieve deadlines and to work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Autocad experience a must, exposure to Aconex would be advantageous also
- Excellent IT skills
Glenveagh Properties provides employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding Company. We work to make a team environment that will attract the best people and give them credible reasons to stay and grow their careers with us.
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Long term illness cover
- Save as You Earn Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellness initiatives throughout the year