Role – Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location – Maynooth
Reporting to –Commercial Director
Contract Type – Permanent Full time
About the role
Glenveagh Properties Plc, a leading Residential Building Company and one of Ireland’s Best Workplaces 2019 is currently recruiting an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team. As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the overall financial management of several of our high-profile housing projects.
- Financial management of multiple projects
- Measurement of building elements & preparation of Bills of Quantities/Schedule of Rates.
- Preparing tender documents and analysing tender returns for sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Tender reporting and recommendations.
- Mentoring the other Surveyors in the team
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work and agreeing and arranging payments
- Undertaking monthly and final valuations for works complete
- Preparing sub contract documents and control of contract documents.
- Carrying out monthly valuations for works on site, managing sub contract payments & liabilities, completing monthly cost reports for budget v actual.
- Coding of costs to a specific job.
- Tracking and monitoring of preliminary costs.
- Recording, reporting and management of projects risks, variations and cost overruns. Projected overall effect of any overruns.
- Completion of project close out documentation including final account resolution and agreement for all trade packages.
- Attend project meetings, provide commercial and cost advice as required.
- Contract compliance and management of variations and claims notification procedures
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required by the company
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with a developer or a residential construction company
- Must be strong in dealing with sub contractors at all levels
- Must have strong experience in either housing or apartments
- Must have strong measurement and take off skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of building detail and construction technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven negotiating ability.
- Strong IT skills, specifically in MS Office Suite and Cubit
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of team essential.
- Experience of managing building contracts.
- Strong organisation skills to ensure clear and concise reports are maintained throughout assignment.
Glenveagh Properties provides employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding Company. We work to make a team environment that will attract the best people and give them credible reasons to stay and grow their careers with us.
Keywords – QS, Senior QS, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Manager, #gpindeed
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Long term illness cover
- Save as You Earn Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellness initiatives throughout the year