If you’re embarking onto the first step of the property ladder, help is available to make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Here’s what you need to know about the help to buy scheme, in a nutshell:
- It’s a tax rebate scheme provided by the Irish government for first-time homebuyers;
- The funds will go towards your deposit;
- You can get up to €30,000;
- The Help to Buy (HTB) scheme is an incentive for first-time buyers of newly built homes. It will help you with the deposit you need to purchase a new-build house or apartment.
- Help to Buy cannot be used to purchase previously owned or second-hand homes.
Find out more at the Revenue.ie